السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته
Here is a quick preschool assessment for the new school year.
This assessment allows the Qur'aan teacher, Islaamic Studies teacher, and the general education teacher (if used in a school) to get a quick glance of where his/her students are at. The results from the assessment are on one convenient sheet and can be placed in the students' portfolios. Of course, homeschooling parent-teachers can also place this assessment in their child's portfolio too!
To use this assessment you will need:
- To photocopy the two pages front to back so that you only need one page for each student (optional).
- A set of flashcards with the alphabet (upper case letters only).
- Flashcards with basic shapes (you can download some here)
- Flashcards with the colour (you can download some here)
- A set of 10 or more objects (i.e. blocks or counters)
And remember, there is usually no need to panic if your child does not know most (or any) of the material on the assessment. The results of this assessment guide when you start putting together your curriculum (if homeshooling) and/or your lesson plans; the results just let you know what you need to teach insha'Allaah.